Job Location: Florida, Melbourne Area
Type: Fulltime, Mon-Fri
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Required: None
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who possess a positive, energetic attitude with a zeal for learning new technologies and is not afraid to tackle unfamiliar issues. Someone that is not hesitant to tackle complex issues independently and be able to work in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment. Candidate must enjoy working and building relationships with customers and have excellent communication skills.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to service requests submitted to our managed services department (MainSpring Support Centre) to resolve various server, desktop and network level issues
- Communicate with clients, keeping them informed on the progress of their service requests, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Plan, execute and deploy workstation, server and cloud solutions
- Provide VoIP support, firewall management, virus/malware cleanup and end user help desk support
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in IT with excellent customer service background and strong interpersonal communications skills
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2008 and above to include Small Business Server (SBS)
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Knowledge and experience with VMware virtual environments and experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of firewall technologies, specifically SonicWALL and pfSense
- Ability to manage outside vendors to resolve client service requests
- Ability to troubleshoot computer and peripheral hardware issues
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to succeed in up-tempo work environments and meet deadlines
- Versatility to adapt and research new ideas and methods, and demonstrated ability to analyze problems and make decisions
- Microsoft certifications preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred
- Experience with ConnectWise and LabTech preferred
- Apple, VMware, CompTIA certifications a plus
MainSpring is an IT strategy and consulting firm that arms organizations with the strategy, tools and resources to grow. We foster a family-friendly, innovative, challenging, fun working environment earning the distinction of being one of The Washingtonian’s 50 Great Places to Work and countless awards for employee programs, growth and innovation.
- Competitive salaries, 401k matching, performance-based merit reviews and bonus programs, including referral bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life insurance policy, STD and LTD 100% paid by MainSpring
- Paid time off for vacation, personal/sick leave, marriage leave (1 week), maternity and paternity leave (2 weeks), for eligible full-time employees
- Professional development opportunities, training and certifications when required, computer purchase assistance, tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition programs, including monthly kudos, Employee of the Quarter and annual presidential awards for MainSpring employees who best represent MainSpring
Founded in 1993, MainSpring is headquartered in Poolesville, Md., with offices in Florida, Ohio, Washington and Wisconsin. The firm supports a wide range of clients including businesses, non-profits and government agencies such as the Department of Defense.
Like our clients, people tend to stay at MainSpring. If you think you’re a match, let’s connect.