Technical Support Specialist, DC-VA-MD (Metro Area)
Job Location: DC Metro Area
Type: Fulltime, Mon-Fri
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Required: None
MainSpring, Inc., is an IT strategy and consulting firm that arms organizations with the strategy, tools and resources to grow. MainSpring is a family-friendly, innovative, challenging, fun working environment earning the distinction of being one of The Washingtonian’s 50 Great Places to Work and countless awards for employee programs, growth and innovation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive network and infrastructure administration analysis and support for a variety of clients (small businesses, non-profits, government agencies) on client sites in the DC-VA-MD metro area.
- Assist planning & deployment of small and mid-sized networks.
- Consult with clients on network improvements.
- Deliver on-site support and troubleshooting.
- Provide Active Directory, backup implementation, firewall installation & configuration, security policy implementation, remote access, wireless.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience providing technical support for desktop and server level operating systems and applications, and managing multiple clients.
- Experience with installation, configuration and support of advanced network routing and troubleshooting, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server), Active Directory, Microsoft DNS, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- Apple Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux a valuable asset.
- Fluent English language skills with experience providing recommendations to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and make decisions.
- Versatility to adapt and research new ideas and methods.
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to succeed in up-tempo work environments.
- Own vehicle and clean driving record; office based in DC but must be willing to travel throughout MD and VA as well.
This position is largely based on working independently at client sites; therefore, excellent interpersonal communication and time management skills are critical for customer satisfaction, as well as individual and the organization’s success.
MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer that offers:
- Competitive salaries, 401k matching, performance-based merit reviews and bonus programs, including referral bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life insurance policy, STD and LTD 100% paid by MainSpring
- Paid time off for vacation, personal/sick leave, marriage leave (1 week), maternity and paternity leave (2 weeks), for eligible full-time employees
- Professional development opportunities, training and certifications when required, computer purchase assistance, tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition programs, including monthly kudos, Employee of the Quarter and annual presidential awards for MainSpring employees who best represent MainSpring
Founded in 1993, MainSpring is headquartered in Poolesville, Md., with offices in Florida, Ohio, Washington and Wisconsin. The firm supports a wide range of clients including businesses, non-profits and government agencies such as the Department of Defense.
Like our clients, people tend to stay at MainSpring. If you think you’re a match, let’s connect.